Oh come on!
Balloon, labeled The Forgivable, is a male contestant on Inanimate Insanity and was the team captain of Team Chickenleg. He returned to compete in Inanimate Insanity II and was a member of The Grand Slams. He once again returned to compete in Inanimate Insanity Invitational, and currently competes as a member of The Sinkers. He is voiced by Ben Cross.
Balloon is a round, salmon-red, stringless balloon.
In the first season, Balloon is regarded as the most manipulative and spiteful character, as well as the most hated of the objects. Balloon was extremely unkind, mean and rude to members of Team Chickenleg, even as the team captain. Balloon rendered others useless and made extremely derogatory and good remarks about them to the point that he could make outbursts of profanity.
Balloon makes a return to Inanimate Insanity II with a completely different outlook. Balloon became a much nicer character and wanted to help out with challenges such as in "Marsh on Mars."
Despite showing his true nature of goodness, Balloon still finds it hard to make friends after his behavior to other people in the previous season.
Official Site Bio
Balloon back in Season 1 was known to be very bossy. He enjoyed manipulating other players into doing what he says, mostly because he believed that he was the most important player on Team Chickenleg since he was the team captain. This caused many of the contestants on the show to have a major dislike for Balloon. Now in Season 2, Balloon strives to redeem himself and doesn't want to be known for his bad ways in the past. He hopes to gain the trust of his team members and start a new.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Initially a ruthless competitor, Balloon relied on manipulative and demanding tactics to advance himself in the game… to little avail... OH C’MON!! He has since seen the error of his ways and strives to be more kind and considerate. Balloon immensely values friendship and has an intense desire to rise above his past demons. Unfortunately, he is continuously labeled as untrustworthy by other competitors in his pursuit of allies. Is his personal transformation truly genuine, or is he merely full of hot air?
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
- Running Gag:
- Balloon has been popped in Episodes 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 16, 19, 22, 24, and 26.
- Balloon is known for his catchphrase "Oh, come on!" which he says in several episodes.
- Balloon has the highest-pitched voice of all characters.
- Balloon's character page on the website reveals he enjoys classical music, but pop music makes him nervous.
- His character page states that Balloon is not afraid of heights, as falling doesn't scare him, and his favorite spot is noted to be on top of a mountain.
- If Balloon feels pressured, his website page states that he can cling to walls using static electricity.
- Bow makes a reference to Balloon in "Crappy Anniversary", by mimicking his catchphrase.
- Balloon was originally going to be changed into a girl, but this was declined due to creative differences between Adam and Nate. This was also seen in The Inanimate Insanity Secrets video.
- Originally, Balloon was not going to be in Season 2, but he was added in to develop a new personality.
- Balloon has never been voted out by viewers, as he was voted out on Inanimate Insanity and Inanimate Insanity II both by contestants.
- Balloon is one of the two contestants who was eliminated through contestant vote elimination the two times they got eliminated, the other being Paper.
- Balloon is the only contestant to be voted out twice by the contestants and one of only two characters that were in both Season 1 and 2 to not be eliminated not by the viewers. The other contestant is Marshmallow since she was eliminated during Season 2 by leaving the premises of the show.
- Balloon got his first-ever elimination viewer vote in "Tri Your Best", along with 162 other votes in the same episode.
- Balloon is the only contestant on Team Chickenleg to compete on Inanimate Insanity II, as well as the highest-ranking male returnee in Season 2..
- Coincidentally, he was the team captain of Team Chickenleg.
- Balloon owns a standard wristwatch, shown in "Theft and Battery".
- Balloon was not seen in the last scene of "Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 2)" alongside other Season 1 contestants.
- Balloon holds the record of the most deaths at 9 deaths.
- Balloon is one of the three contestants who swore, the others are Paper and Pickle, if not counting one of the trees who appeared in "A Lemony Lesson".
- Balloon was planned to receive in 3rd place, with a final 3 of Balloon, Salt, and Knife. Due to complications at the time with his previous voice actor, Balloon was voted out via a contestant vote early into season 1.
- Balloon is one of the only 2 contestants from both season 1 and season 2 that never made to the merge; the other one being Nickel.
- Additionally, Balloon has been eliminated back-to-back with Nickel in both seasons he participated.
Click here to view the gallery.
|The Grand Slams|
|Inanimate Insanity Characters