Box is a motionless cardboard box. He is not shown to have a personality, since he can not talk, or move.
Box has a simple appearance that accompanies his rather plain and nonexistent personality. He is an ordinary rectangular cardboard box with four sides. A bump-like design runs along Box's sides and splits them into a lighter half above and darker half below. His top can be opened by two small flaps.
Official Site Bio
Box is a box.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Box is a box.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
Despite Box's elimination in "A Kick In The Right Direction", Box has appeared multiple times throughout the series in the form of background cameos:
In "Let 'Er R.I.P.", Box appears under one of the tables.
In "Theft and Battery", Box appears three times, once behind a counter as Lightbulb mentions knowing "a guy", once inside a glass showcase as Steve Cobs yells at Soap, and finally on a computer screen as Microphone talks to Steve Cobs.
- On the official site, Box's biography is intentionally vague, hinting Box's simplicity and mysteriousness.
- Box is the first limbless and faceless character to compete on Inanimate Insanity, the second being Black Hole.
- Box first appeared in the "Roger That" trailer at the end, in the picture with Paintbrush, Yin-Yang, and Baseball, being stood on by Yin-Yang, becoming the fourth person revealed in Inanimate Insanity II.
- In AnimationEpic's video "Inanimate Battle 2", Taco was in Box, as a joke. It also refers to the fact about what was inside Box, and when Apple opened it, she thought it said Taco, but it turned out to be a mistake since Knife corrected her with it saying Box.
- In the credits of Breaking The Ice, it says that Box is voiced from Derek Napolitano, because of the secret line is made in that episode.
- As stated in the description of "The Best of Box", Box was originally never supposed to be a contestant, but he became one when Derek and Adam were laughing at the idea of just making a cardboard box a character. Soon Taylor, Brian, and everyone started to love the idea and think it was hilarious, causing him to become an official contestant.
- As revealed on the new Inanimate Insanity Site, he "enjoys transcending time and space."
- Box is able to talk, even though the viewer can't hear it. This explains why he was able to speak into the microphone in the court case in Everything's A-OJ.
- Box is the lowest-placing armless contestant in Inanimate Insanity II and was the first one to be eliminated in the season.
|The Grand Slams|