That wasn't a bright thing to say! Ha-ha! Get it?
|—Breaking The Ice|
Full of jokes and laughter, Cheesy is a whimsical humorist at heart. At any opportunity available, Cheesy will crack a joke or pun just to get a laugh. As his name implies, Cheesy's jokes are regarded as cheap and tacky, or otherwise, as "cheesy". Additionally, Cheesy may accompany his jokes with a knee slap, or when someone else makes a joke or pun without even realizing it.
Cheesy is a dedicated and enthusiastic joker, and will go to great lengths in order to make a joke, as seen in "Marsh on Mars", he runs across an empty field in order to give a knee slap to Soap's joke, and in "Cooking for the Grater Good", where he continues to make jokes about cheese despite the fact that he is simultaneously being grated to death. He also frequently cuts into eliminations in order to crack a joke.
Though Cheesy is usually cheerful and joking, he is incredibly paranoid and sensitive about his jokes. If one happens to offend him, his attitude changes drastically and he will act violently. As seen in "A Kick in the Right Direction", Knife comments that his jokes are terrible, and in "Let 'Er R.I.P.", Bow quietly notes that his joke wasn't funny, Cheesy becomes enraged at both and attempts to harm them.
Cheesy is friendly, full of energy, and good-spirited with other competitors, though he is often looked at as annoying and a nuisance. Other competitors, such as Nickel and Microphone, will often despise Cheesy for merely making jokes and not helping in competitions. While his jokes are usually nothing more than friendly banter and play-on-words, Cheesy may occasionally mock other contestants and offend them if he gets too caught up in a joke. In "Theft and Battery", he offends Microphone personally by cracking a joke about her personality, provoking her to shout back at him and call him out for his cruel joke. This upsets Cheesy deeply, causing him to consider giving up humor entirely.
Official Site Bio
Cheesy is a huge jokester, but sometimes his jokes come off as being a bit too "cheesy." His terrible jokes and puns annoy some of his fellow contestants, and also make some giggle in joy. He's a happy-go-lucky guy that just wants to have a good laugh.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Always the jokester, Cheesy never misses an opportunity to unleash a zinger on an unsuspecting fellow contestant. Although well-intentioned, his jokes oftentimes miss the mark. Even if his delivery is lacking, Cheesy’s goal of making others laugh is a noble one. Unfortunately, it has been called into question whether or not Cheesy is capable of taking life seriously. While he is undoubtedly sensitive to criticism, Cheesy ultimately will never give up on comedy- for better or worse!
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
- Aaron Shapiro (UK/US)
- Marco Bonomo (Italy)
- Cheesy may have a neurological symptom called Witzelsucht – a set of rare neurological symptoms characterized by a tendency to make puns or tell inappropriate jokes or pointless stories in socially inappropriate situations.
- Cheesy's name is intentionally spelled incorrectly, possibly for the reason that he may tell some "cheesy" jokes.
- Furthermore, Cheesy is the only character to have a "y" at the end of his name that is not part of the object that he is.
- Cheesy is the only character to be voiced by Aaron Shapiro.
- Cheesy's character design slightly altered between seasons, as his color scheme changed, and he gained another hole on his left side in Inanimate Insanity II.
- In the Cheesy Teaser Trailer, Nickel said that Cheesy wasn't "revealed yet." This led up to his arrival in Inanimate Insanity II.
- As mentioned in Joseph H's first Overanalyzation video, although Cheesy is inferred to be Swiss cheese, this is most likely incorrect, as Swiss cheese is rather white, and Cheesy is yellow. It is believed that Cheesy is Maasdam Cheese, a Dutch cheese.
- As mentioned in the Inanimate Insanity Secrets video, Cheesy and Balloon weren't originally going to be in Inanimate Insanity II.
- Cheesy's personality was vastly different in the first season of Inanimate Insanity. Rather than being a comedian, Cheesy was calm and collected when he first aired in a commercial for a Minecraft server known as "CheeseCraft".
- The IP for "CheeseCraft" is "play.cheesecraft.eu". Also known as "thepixelverse.net."
- Cheesy appeared in the Season 1 episode Sugar Rush. He was talking to MePhone4S. He, Fan, and Microphone are the only Season 2 contestants seen in Season 1.
|The Grand Slams|
| Inanimate Insanity Characters