What's wrong with US?!
|—"Breaking The Ice"|
The Cherries are two dark red and round cherries of equal size. At their respective tops, a tall slim green stem extends and forms an angle with two leaves at the top.
The Cherries are two twins who share a brain. As a result, the two individual cherries are technically the same person in two bodies and share the same thoughts and opinions.
The Cherries have a similarity to children, as although they are usually a kindhearted and compassionate duo, they love pranking and making fun of others. The two can be seen putting on shows and acting in miniature to draw attention. If angered, the Cherries have been seen to be very hostile and cruel as well, as seen in "Marsh on Mars" when they knock Marshmallow to Mars for simply ruining their act, and furthermore, blaming the dilemma on Box.
However, following their cruel acts, the Cherries can be quite remorseful and guilty if they take pranks too far, and will apologize and reluctantly take the blame. They have shifted into more light-hearted jokes in Hotel OJ that they dub as "nice pranks," which result in a positive reaction despite pulling a prank, such as surprising Trophy with a flock of butterflies yet giving him something interesting to photograph.
Action wise, the Cherries will normally speak respectively, as one may talk after the other to complete a sentence. Occasionally, a cherry will pantomime (act out/show emotions) while the other talks. The Cherries have also shown to be very experienced and adept mask crafters, creating masks of various characters.
Official Site Bio
Cherries are two little twins connected at the stem. Although they are two different people, they share the same brain, really making them the same person trapped in two different bodies. They always have the same opinion on anything. However, their pleasure for pranking gets out of hand and can hurt the others around them, despite them not meaning to take it as far as they do.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Two heads are better than one, that is unless you’re sharing the same brain! Cherries are two twins connected at their stem who think exactly alike. They have no choice but to stick together, but they don't seem to mind. While they may seem cute and harmless, together, the two think up devious schemes to prank others... though sometimes a bit too much. Ultimately, they are at least willing to admit when they’ve gone too far, but this won’t stop them from causing more mischief in the future!
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
|"Marsh on Mars"||2||184 votes|
|"Tri Your Best"||3||974 votes (Eliminated)|
- The Cherries are a unique character, as they have two separate bodies implied to be the same person in either body.
- The Cherries were revealed to be Maraschinos after shouting "Long Live the Maraschinos!" when they got eliminated.
- The original assets for the Cherries are physically incorrect, as the mark of specular light and shadow appear on the same side until adjusted in "Tri Your Best."
- Similar to Yin-Yang, although the Cherries are known as two people, they are counted as a single contestant by the standards of Inanimate Insanity II.
- The Cherries are a single person in two bodies, whereas Yin-Yang is two people stuck together in one body.
- Additionally, the Cherries are similar to each other as they get along well; in contrast, Yin and Yang are opposites and do not cooperate much.
- Typically, the left cherry speaks more than the right cherry, while the right cherry pantomimes what the left cherry says.
- The Cherries and Apple are the only fruit contestants in Season 2.
- Coincidentallly, both are red.
- The Cherries are the first Season 2 Novice to speak, voiced by Derek Napolitano.
- However, Box is credited as being voiced by Derek Napolitano, although Box has no voice.
- Including Balloon, the Cherries are male contestants who have a high-pitched voice.
- The official website reveals they have more masks than just the Marshmallow and Apple masks seen in "Marsh on Mars."
- As to individual tasks, the left cherry deals with the logical side more, whereas the right cherry deals with the creative feats.
- At Hotel OJ, Cherries gives connection counseling services to Yin-Yang. The left cherry deals with Yin while the right cherry deals with Yang.
Click here to view the gallery.
|The Bright Lights|