Inanimate Island is likely to be far north or south, as it snows in the winter. It may be somewhere near the arctic, as it was close to a glacier. The island is covered in grass and has a large mountain range. Though it appears desolate and mostly featureless in Season 1, Season 2 provides a greater perspective of the landscape, and reveals that it does contain many geological features, such as a mountain range, forests, gorges, deserts, beaches and lakes, along with various types of flora. Additionally, the island is covered in several zig-zag hills of varying color.
Idiotic Island, as well as the duplicate, are located on the western and southern shores, respectively.
In Inanimate Insanity Infinity, the island has been completely warped in an alternate timeline. The geography features are vastly different, featuring pink grass, multi-colored trees, cubic clouds, and jagged mountains with holes in it.
- The Cliff - a large 60ft cliff introduced in "The Crappy Cliff". It appears various times throughout the series, and has a duplicate on Paradise. It is located on the southern tip of the island.
- Elimination Area - a staple location to Elimination Time, seen and upgraded various times throughout the series.
- Gorge - a deep gorge introduced in "One-Shot Wonder".
- Cacti Desert - a vast desert area introduced in "Double Digit Desert", named for the various cacti within.
- Hotel OJ - a large orange hotel created by OJ with his prize money. Introduced in "Breaking the Ice", it houses the Season 1 contestants, and eventually the Season 2 eliminated contestants. It is confirmed to be near the southern part of the island.
- Gladstonian Glacier - a large iceberg floating in water off the shore of Inanimate Island, introduced as the challenge location in "Breaking the Ice".
- Calm-Down Corner - a small semi-walled area introduced in "Marsh on Mars" where contestants go to calm down.
- Test Tube's Laboratory - a subterranean lab built by Test Tube, hidden under a Dr. Fizz Machine.
- Soccer Field - a field with bleachers used for a challenge in "A Kick in the Right Direction".
- Purgatory Mansion - an old mansion on the island used for the challenge in "Let Er' R.I.P.".
- The Lake and The Dock - a lake located in the middle of the island, with a dock. It was introduced in "Rain On Your Charade" but wasn't utilized for a challenge until "Kick the Bucket".
- Mountain Range - a massive mountain range seen primarily in the background, but is first focused on in "Rain On Your Charade".
- Perilous Forest - a dark forest with many trees introduced in "Rain On Your Charade".
- Maze - a very large maze used in the challenge in "Mazed and Confused".
- Gemory Cave - a cave first introduced in "Sugar Rush" but went largely unexplored until "Mine Your Own Business".
- Distant Beach - a beach near the shore of the island, unseen until the end of "Hatching the Plan".
Inanimate Insanity Infinity Exclusive
- Spa & Hotel - a purple hotel created by Salt and Pepper.
- Salt and Pepper Mountain - a giant mountain in the shape of Salt and Pepper.
- Although Inanimate Island is never officially named within the series, its name is confirmed in a livestream, along with Paradise.