So let's win this challenge, the bright way!
|—"A Kick in the Right Direction"|
Lightbulb, labeled The Bright Leader, is a female contestant on Inanimate Insanity and Inanimate Insanity II. She was the team captain of Team Epic, and once again becomes the leader of The Bright Lights, causing her to be a team leader twice. She had enough votes to compete in season 3, but didn't compete due to still competing in season 2. She is voiced by Michael Bruzzone.
Lightbulb is an enthusiastic, kinda lazy, free-spirited and optimistic character. Lightbulb is greatly known for her goofy and ludicrous attitude, given that when she returned for Inanimate Insanity II, her character had completely changed from the clumsy and dizzy leader of Team Epic to a more comical, almighty, and influential chief and commander of Team Bright Lights. This makes Lightbulb the only object in the series to be captain in multiple seasons of Inanimate Insanity.
Given that Lightbulb's personality is quite erratic and unpredictable, Lightbulb may appear as a smart leader one moment, but then become a goofy couch potato in an instant. She will also often display bizarre thought processes, in one manner, she will believe that standing still throughout an entire challenge will cause her to win. In other challenges, she may come up with a thoughtful idea that may lead her to victory or out of a difficult situation.
Lightbulb can be very tyrannical, as she occasionally takes great pride to be in control. She appears almost addicted to leadership, although she has shown to be quite careless of her actions as well. Lightbulb displays her powerful reign while in constant feuds with Paintbrush, as she will use her superiority to make decisions for the team, and even wrongfully send contestants to the Calm Down Corner.
Disregarding her leadership, Lightbulb is a generally kind, caring, and benevolent player, with a large love for cookies. Additionally, Lightbulb will eat inedible objects with ease, such as sticks, balls of yarn, metal buckets, and boxes of fish food. Lightbulb is an extrovert and quite attached to the people she cares about. She is almost constantly around people she likes and commonly in a good mood as well. Furthermore, she is in a noticeably low mood after Paintbrush decides they wanted to stop working with her. When upset or agitated, Lightbulb can be even more careless than usual and act recklessly against herself or others.
According to the crew, throughout the series, Lightbulb feels more separated and wants everyone to be exactly the same. This is further emphasized in "Alternate Reality Show", wherein an alternate timeline, she finds characters who are alike and feels welcome.
Lightbulb resembles a large class incandescent Light Bulb, an electric bulb which produces light with a wire filament heated to a high temperature by an electric current passing through it until it glows. Her face appears on her glass bulb, which is large and shiny yellow. Within her glass bulb, she has a stem sticking out above her metal sleeve. Lightbulb's arms and legs protrude out of her grey metal twisted sleeve, followed by an electric foot contact between her legs.
Official Site Bio
Lightbulb is the omniscient leader of The Bright Lights. She strives to be the ultimate leader but makes sure to follow The Rules Of Objects Shows. Her love for cookies can cause her to be clumsy here and there, but she will brighten up the way for her teammates... as long as they do what she says.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
As the almighty leader of the Bright Lights, Lightbulb strives to brighten the mood in the darkest of times. Though her ideas may usually seem a bit dim, Lightbulb is never discouraged for long and will always strive to do what is right, even if her solutions are… rather unconventional. Lightbulb’s combination of quirkiness and authority tends to lead to universal disasters or unexplainable victories.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
Lightbulb is known for her unique abilities, such as:
- Electrokinesis: Lightbulb can generate electricity, as seen in “Kick the Bucket” when she pumped electricity into a ball and tosses it to Fan. She also used electricity to fix Test Tube's Time Machine in “Alternate Reality Show” and to power up the rocket in “Hatching the Plan”.
- Light Production: As per any typical light bulb, Lightbulb has shown the ability to shine and produce lights on several occasions. such as in the cave in “Sugar Rush”, on Idiotic Island in “The Great Escape”, or in the Purgatory Mansion in “Let 'Er R.I.P.” She also used her light to make seeing better in “Hatching the Plan”.
- Electronic Mimicry: As shown in “Theft and Battery”, Lightbulb can mimic MePhone4's electronic glitches, possibly because she, too, is electronic.
Season 1 Votes
|Episode||EP #||Votes||Total Votes||Percentage|
|"A Lemony Lesson"||2||0||7||0%|
|"The Arena Of Death"||3||0||6||0%|
|"War De Guacamole"||6||REJOINED|
|Total Number of Season 1 Votes:||197|
Season 2 Votes
|Episode||EP #||Votes||Total Votes||Percentage|
|"Marsh on Mars"||2||122||2498||4.88%|
|"Tri Your Best"||3||278||3021||7.51%|
|"Let 'Er R.I.P."||6||494||4211||11.7%|
|Total Number of Season 2 Votes:||1287|
|Total Number of Votes Combined:||1484|
- So far, Lightbulb has been shattered in 7 episodes. "The Arena Of Death", "One-Shot Wonder", "A New Stage In The Game", "War De Guacamole", "The Snowdown","Mine Your Own Business" and partially in "Everything's A-OJ".
- Lightbulb and Paper are the only contestants to be eliminated twice in one season.
- Lightbulb and Suitcase are also the only contestants to rejoin the game for reasons besides voting for eliminated contestants to rejoin due to an unfair elimination.
- Lightbulb is the lowest-ranked female season one contestant to join Inanimate Insanity II.
- In contrast, Lightbulb will be the highest-ranked female season one contestant in Inanimate Insanity II, due to her being the only one still in the game.
- Coincidentally, Lightbulb has been eliminated in episodes that have two words: the first being "The" and then a word beginning with the letter "s". ("The Stacker", "The Snowdown")
- Lightbulb has said "OMGA!" on various occasions.
- In an episode of "Ask Adam", Adam says that she was supposed to say that it was the new OMG and that they named it after the literal pronunciation of "OMG".
- Lightbulb is the only object who has been Team Captain twice, as she was team captain of Team Epic and team captain of The Bright Lights.
- In the original version of "Breaking the Ice", Lightbulb was originally going to win a pie-eating challenge; with dropout Hay Bale, and both become team captain.
- Lightbulb was referred to as a male in "The Crappy Cliff", "A Lemony Lesson" and "The Arena of Death", but referred to as female in future episodes.
- According to Adam Katz, this was to avoid the in-balance of genders.
- Lightbulbs in real life are usually white when off, and yellow when on. However, Lightbulb is yellow when off, and white when on.
- Lightbulb loves oatmeal raisin cookies and is possibly her favorite food.
- Lightbulb is the first female to be confirmed in the second season.
- Lightbulb is the first character to figure out that Paintbrush is non-binary. She may be the only one who knows this, but it is unclear, as Fan uses their correct pronouns in "Mine Your Own Business".
- Lightbulb's voice appears to be more masculine mid-way through Season 2.
- After Test Tube elimination in "Hatching the Plan", Lightbulb is the final Bright Lights member remaining in Inanimate Insanity II.
- Lightbulb is seen to have fast reflexes, in "Let Er' R.I.P" when she doesn't hesitate to block the pumpkin flung at her as a safety prize.
- The newspaper she reads supports this, as the only legible text reads "READERS OF NEWSPAPERS ARE FOUND TO HAVE EXTREMELY FAST REFLEXES.
- As of "Hatching the Plan", Lightbulb and Suitcase are the only females left in the game.
- Similar to OJ, Lightbulb didn't speak until Episode 2 of the first season.
Click here to view the gallery.
|The Bright Lights|